Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2009 Freakshow Cabernet - Michael David Winery

I tried Freakshow for the 1st from an Enomatic machine, at The Wine Cellar in Fayetteville Arkansas…and was completely in awe.  I thought to myself “every time I’m looking for a ‘jammy’ wine – this is exactly what I want!” I liked it so much, as soon as I got home to Seattle, I bought a ½ case – for my personal inventory.  Of course, it’s been a week so it’s almost gone by now.  Woopsie Daisy! J

 The Freakshow is a full bodied Cabernet with a bit of Petit Verdot. The rim variation has a brown rim, with deep dark red in the middle – the aromas are of spice, berries and tobacco. 
At 1st taste on the palate, the full body comes out immediately with its black cherries, plum, smoke and very light spice, as you swallow and hit the back of the palate that’s when the tobacco comes out along with the black cherries and plum. It’s a very different wine, full of all kinds of flavors and oh, so good!  The tasting notes on their website say there’s a flavor of bubblegum, but I didn’t get that…but as we all know, everyone’s palates are different. Taste it and see what you get.  

 Freakshow is made my Michael David Winery in Lodi, CA….according to their website, several of their wines are made “not of the norm”.  I had never heard of  these winemakers before my Enomatic experience, but bot I’m glad I did….I will definitely be trying more of their wines as this one touched my soft spot – the heart. J It’s my new “go-to” wine and I would definitely recommend anyone who likes full-bodied wines to give it a try.  I’m also planning on making a trip to the vineyard and doing some REAL tasting. J

Cheers and Enjoy!

http://www.michaeldavidwinery.com/








1 comment:

  1. You've described this wine very nicely. It's full, jammy, and very enjoyable. If you have a good stoppered decanter to keep the wine in, it opens up really nicely the second and third days - if it isn't gone by then. It's one of those wines that makes you definitely want a second glass.

    ReplyDelete