Friday, April 6, 2012

2008 Cambria Pinot Noir

Well, I have to admit...you know you work for a good company when the President of the company comes by and hands you a glass of wine, while working head down, in the office.

As you may know from my previous post, I traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas this week to visit my corporate office.  I had a wonderful time getting to know some of the people that I talk to on the phone on a weekly basis and also getting to know the details of my new project.

However!! One of my highlights (and certainly not to discount anything else) was when my friend and boss brought me a glass of 2008 Cambria Pinot Noir and gave me a little 'Cheers'.

The tanins were real busy right at the front of the palate and calmed down but them picked up again at the back of the palate. It was very interesting, but also delicious.  There were alot of berry and plum flavors through-out. The body was medium and was really nice for either drinking alone or possibly with some poultry with light seasoning.  Of course, since I was in the office I didn't have any poultry to try it with...but you should give it a try!  :)

Cambria vineyards is located in Santa Maria, CA - I've never been there, but will most likely make a point to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment