Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wine Pairing With Tornado Warning

So...this week, I have been fortunate to travel to the Great State of Arkansas and visit the wonderful little town Little Rock.  Great People!! Love, love, love the people, the town is greener than I imagined and the traffic...not so bad.  The Tornado warnings however, threw me off a little bit.

So - what does a Seattle Wine Girl do?? She drinks wine...and lots of it! 

I was delayed in Dallas yesterday on my connection to Little Rock, due to weather, but I had no idea that it was due to tornadoes coming our way. As we sat on the tarmack for almost 2 hours waiting for the runway to open back up, my thoughts were "good lord lets get this thing up in the air and get to Little Rock...it's not Rocket Science!" 
Turns out...it actually IS Rocket Science.  They wouldn't depart due to the weather, the compass device and our safety .Thank You Dallas Fort Worth Airport!

The next day, after safely landing in Little Rock (less than 24 hours) I'm reading the news and see that there were 13 tornadoes in Dallas and 2 of them touched down...a few injuries, cars thrown in a few houses (no one was hurt), and couple semi's blew off the highway into the trees (again, no one was hurt). So as grateful as I was to hear the news that people were safe...I got wind (pun intended)that the torandoes were heading to Little Rock Arkansas....awesome.  NOT!

MY reaction...?? Order wine from the lounge before it closes down or blows away.  I dont care what label they have, how much it is costs, or if it's white or red.  Please just serve me some wine, as I am a Seattle girl and have no idea how to survive in a tornado , nor do I want to. 
Throw me a volcano, small earthquake or just a disgruntled panhandler...I'm fine. But a tornado..?? No thanks!!

Anyway...In my findings of this type of situation - ANY WINE WORKS FINE! ( I chose a chardonnay...dont know the label, nor did I care)  Just make sure that they have enough for you. 

God Speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment