Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2010 Lunatic White Blend


I sat down tonight to catch up on a few wine reviews, as I’m a little behind.  I’ve been tasting plenty of wine lately, but just haven’t been writing them up….that darn day job of mine is cutting into my wine blogging.
As I sat down I realized that I didn’t have a glass of wine – I can’t write a wine blog without a glass of wine. Good lord, what was I thinking?!
So, since I’m in a hotel room (traveling for that darn day job) the only selection I had, was a bottle I picked up yesterday at the local ‘spirits” store, a 2010 Lunatic White Blend.   The Lunatic wine is made by Luna Vineyards in Napa Valley, CA.  As you know by now (if reading my blogs I’m somewhat partial to California wines).
The varietal of the Lunatic is 38% Albarino, 34% Malvasia Bianca and 28% Chardonnay – each grape has a distinct flavor of its own and balances real nicely with the others.  I think this varietal is pretty interesting as most blends contain a Riesling, Chardonnay and possibly a Pinot Gris – so this one grabbed my attention.
The aromas are floral and real delicate, but on tasting there are citrus flavors on the front of the palate and apricot on the back. The tannin’s are very mild and delicately active – a nice crisp wine, perfect for summer….or for a hot hotel room.  Whichever works…the hotel room, in this scenario.  Hurry up summer!
The Lunatic was so delicious I ended up ordering a case through one of my friends who owns a wine bar in Seattle…thanks goodness for friends in high places. J

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment